Do you want to embark on a structured career path with opportunities to advance into a range of specialist areas
– of your choice?
Are you interested in treating and caring for patients with complex conditions?
Do you want to be part of Ireland’s only integrated 24 hour multi-hospital campus?
Are you looking to learn from the best clinical teams in the country and gain experience in a number of areas? Is flexibility a big priority for you? Do you want a range of benefits that will give you the security and peace of mind you need?
1. YOU’LL GET MORE EXPERIENCE
- Comprehensive training programmes across all nursing specialist areas
- Opportunity to progress into specialist, management, education and quality improvement roles
- High levels of responsibility given early on in your career – supported by ward and nursing management team
- Part of multi-disciplinary teams (large number of ANPs and CNS) focusing on complete patient care (clinical and psychological)
- Working for a JCI accredited hospital where you will actively participate in ongoing quality and patient safety projects
- Excellent staff/patient ratios allow more time to continue your professional development
- Full engagement with the largest range of consultants in the country – across the widest range of clinical specialities
- Sharing resources and expertise with the country’s leading academic teaching hospital, St. Vincent’s University Hospital
2. YOU’LL HAVE MORE FLEXIBILITY
- Flexible working arrangements: choice of full and part time positions with changes between day duty and night duty as required.
- Support to working mothers with flexibility around maternity leave, unpaid leave and parental leave.
- Join as a general nurse with the chance to move into a specialist area of nursing if you wish and ability to work in different areas/environments of your choice
- Freedom to move between our 7 day wards to a 5 day ward.
- Options to transfer to a Day Care area/ just work night duty for a period of time if that suited your life circumstances/long or short days
- Focus on one speciality first – and then the ability to widen out into other areas of the hospital
- Opportunities for staff to continue their education – through formal study leave programmes and support with funding
- Opportunity to take a leave of absence to travel – knowing that your position is secure when you return
3…….AND PLENTY OF BENEFITS
- All newly graduated staff nurses automatically start at point three of HSE salary scale
- Additional pay for unsocial hours, weekend work, public holidays, night duty etc.
- Staff who work in a specialised area may also be entitled to a location allowance (Oncology, Theatre, Endoscopy, Day Surgery, Cath Lab, Palliative Care etc.).
- Staff completing a higher diploma are then entitled to receive a qualification allowance.
- Tax free bus, train, Dart and Luas annual tickets
- Membership of www.svph.groupscheme.com which offers discounted prices for SVPH staff on a range of products/services.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted prices for staff requiring medical services in SVPH
- Savings on staff car parking
- Subsidised food and drink in hospital restaurant
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Motor/home insurance discounts
- Access to SVHG Library service
- VHI Group Discount and access to Hospital Services Credit Union Scheme
- SVPH staff gym – and discounts on RTE Staff and Sports Club and Riverview
Find out more about our full list of benefits