The Pharmacy Department is a fully integrated and trusted team working closely with colleagues of multiple disciplines to provide the best possible care for our patients.
We are a fully integrated and trusted service provider with a team of qualified and highly skilled pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. The pharmacy team also works across a wide number of specialities and staff are encouraged to participate in continuous education to ensure that patients will benefit from current best practice.
- The dispensary service is responsible for ensuring the procurement and management of prompt, safe and cost-effective medicines including the distribution of patient medicines to hospital wards and clinical areas and non-aseptic (extemporaneous) compounding.
- Our clinical pharmacists work closely with doctors, nurses and other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient medication regimens are effective and safe. They play a key role in monitoring and reviewing patients and their medication and in providing education where appropriate. We also, if required, liaise with community pharmacy colleagues and GPs before admission and after discharge
- St. Vincent’s Private Hospital has a busy oncology and haematology service. The pharmacy has an Aseptic Compounding Unit (ACU) where all the injectable chemotherapy for patients in the hospital is prepared. Patients within the rheumatology, interventional radiology and other services are also supplied with products prepared by the ACU.
- The unit was newly built with the hospital to the highest specs and regulatory standards and carries out its operation in compliance with international and national guidelines ensuring the highest quality of all its products.
- Healthcare Regulatory Products Agency
- Hospital Pharmacists Association of Ireland
- Irish Institute of Pharmacy
- Irish Medication Safety Network
- Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland
- Poisons Information Centre of Ireland
Appointment and Referral information
For all queries, please contact our Dispensary team on (01) 263 8049.