At St. Vincent’s Private Hospital, we recognise the value of good nutrition in aiding recovery from surgery or illness and we encourage our patients to eat well by providing them with good quality food. All our menus have been compiled and nutritionally analysed with guidance from our Dietetics Department and in line with the Department of Health and Children’s Guidelines for Food and Nutritional Care in Hospitals.
Our menus offer suitable options for those requiring Healthy Eating, Low Residue, Renal/
Diabetic, High Protein/High Calorie, Modified Consistency, Gluten-Free and Light Diets.
– Inpatients are served breakfast at 08:00, lunch at 12:30 and tea at 17:30. Hot and cold beverages are served regularly throughout the day.
– Day patients are provided with lighter meals, including hand-cut sandwiches, home-made scones, yoghurts, fruit, biscuits and freshly brewed tea or coffee.
Restaurant and café
The restaurant is on the ground floor, serving breakfast and lunch to patients and visitors and is open:
– Monday – Sunday from 07:45 -15:00 (closed 11:30 – 12:00 daily, Monday – Friday only)
– Breakfast from 08:00 – 11:00
– Lunch from 12:00 – 14:00
The Coffee Dock is located near the restaurant and is open:
– Monday – Friday from 07:30 -19:00
– Saturday from 15.00 -19.00
Shop and vending machines
The shop is located close to the main reception desk and sells newspapers, fruit, reading material, confectionery, drinks, cards and toiletries. Opening hours are:
– Monday – Friday from 08:00 – 20:00
– Saturdays from 09:00 – 18:00
– Sundays and Bank Holidays from 10:00 – 17:00
The shop also provides a daily trolley service around the wards.
Vending machines are located beside the Coffee Dock on the ground floor and offer a selection of confectionery with hot and cold drinks also available.Additional services - Hairdressing and chiropody services can be arranged by asking a member of staff. - Patients can buy stamps and use the postbox at the main reception desk for outgoing mail. Incoming mail should be clearly addressed to:
Patient’s full name Name of ward St. Vincent’s Private Hospital Merrion Rd Dublin 4- The chaplaincy and pastoral care service includes a multi-denominational team of chaplains providing spiritual and emotional support as an integral part of total patient care. The Pastoral Care Department is located on the ground floor beside Reception and visits from chaplains and ministers of all denominations can be arranged on request. - Mass is celebrated at 11.00 daily by a Roman Catholic priest in the Oratory on Level 1, directly over Reception. The Oratory, which is always open, and where all are welcome, provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.