Do you want to embark on a structured career path with opportunities to advance into a range of specialist areas of your choice?
Are you interested in treating and caring for patients with complex conditions?
Do you want to be part of Ireland’s only integrated 24 hour multi-hospital campus?
Are you looking to learn from the best clinical teams in the country and gain experience in a number of areas? Is flexibility a big priority for you? Do you want a range of benefits that will give you the security and peace of mind you need?
We offer it all ...
- Comprehensive training programmes across all nursing specialist areas
- Opportunity to progress into specialist, management, education and quality improvement roles
- High levels of responsibility given early on in your career – supported by ward and nursing management team
- Part of multi-disciplinary teams (large number of ANPs and CNS) focusing on complete patient care (clinical and psychological)
- Working for a JCI accredited hospital where you will actively participate in ongoing quality and patient safety projects
- Excellent staff/patient ratios allow more time to continue your professional development
- Full engagement with the largest range of consultants in the country – across the widest range of clinical specialities
- Sharing resources and expertise with the country’s leading academic teaching hospital, St. Vincent’s University Hospital
- Flexible working arrangements: choice of full and part time positions with changes between day duty and night duty as required.
- Support to working mothers with flexibility around maternity leave, unpaid leave and parental leave.
- Join as a general nurse with the chance to move into a specialist area of nursing if you wish and ability to work in different areas/environments of your choice
- Freedom to move between our 7 day wards to a 5 day ward.
- Options to transfer to a Day Care area/ just work night duty for a period of time if that suited your life circumstances/long or short days
- Focus on one speciality first – and then the ability to widen out into other areas of the hospital
- Opportunities for staff to continue their education – through formal study leave programmes and support with funding
- Opportunity to take a leave of absence to travel – knowing that your position is secure when you return
- All newly graduated staff nurses automatically start at point three of HSE salary scale
- Additional pay for unsocial hours, weekend work, public holidays, night duty etc.
- Staff who work in a specialised area may also be entitled to a location allowance (Oncology, Theatre, Endoscopy, Day Surgery, Cath Lab, Palliative Care etc.).
- Staff completing a higher diploma are then entitled to receive a qualification allowance.
- Tax free bus, train, Dart and Luas annual tickets
- Membership of www.svph.groupscheme.com which offers discounted prices for SVPH staff on a range of products/services.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted prices for staff requiring medical services in SVPH
- Savings on staff car parking
- Subsidised food and drink in hospital restaurant
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Motor/home insurance discounts
- Access to SVHG Library service
- VHI Group Discount and access to Hospital Services Credit Union Scheme
- SVPH staff gym – and discounts on RTE Staff and Sports Club and Riverview