To find out more about the treatment options available click on the link below. Our clinical team will explain why people gain weight and how this can be addressed in the long term using 1) diet/diet and rehabilitation, 2) medication and 3) surgical options. If you are ready to get started on your journey, we will follow up with a one to one consultation to find the solution that works work best for you.
Equip you with nutritional and psychological tools to develop a controlled, long-term healthy relationship with food and allow you to feel less hungry and more satisfied even when you lose weight.
- Consultations with Ms Therese Coleman and Dr Werd Al Najim (face to face and phone)
- Full body analysis at every visit
- Cognitive behavioural therapy techniques to help manage emotional/binge eating
- Weight maintenance plan on the last consultation
- Personalised meal plan according to required calorie intake
- Shopping list
- Food recipes
EXERCISE AND REHABILITATION
To achieve long term weight loss maintenance with improved levels of hunger and satiety by ensuring that during the initial weight loss phase lean muscle mass is protected as far as possible. Increased functionality and strength is the goal.
- Consultations with Mr Andrew Grannell & the rehabilitation team led by Mr John C Murphy (mix of face to face and phone)
- Individualised assessment of an individual’s capabilityyour injury, medical and exercise history and attitudes to exercise, thereby optimising the potential success in terms of improving function.
- Analysis of your physical activity levels, mobility, postural control, strength and aerobic fitness
- Personalised goal setting and exercise program design considering Finding implementable and safe activity-based solutions which are customised & enjoyable as guided by the patient.
- Referral to Providing access, when suitable to MedFfit Rehabilitation Centre for program implementation, which is a technologically advance centre for those who wish or have a specific need to exercise in a controlled environment. This service can be for those who need the use of the anti-gravity technology or who have a limiting orthopaedic condition.
To achieve more than 2 stone weight loss (>10%) with improved levels of hunger and satiety to ensure prevention of the complications of obesity or to reduce pre-existing complications of obesity.
- Consultations with Professor le Roux (face to face and phone)
- To include diagnosis of the causes of obesity, explanation of the how long term weight loss maintenance can be achieved, realistic goal setting and selection of the treatment which may suit you best
To achieve significant and durable weight loss (>20% of body weight in the long-term) and improvement in health, through altering stomach and intestinal anatomy. Bariatric surgery can lead to remission of, or significant improvement in, all of the complications of obesity including Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, heart disease and joint pains. It can also lower the risk of developing obesity-related cancers by as much as 40%.
- Consultations with Helen Heneghan, Bariatric Surgeon to discuss surgical options and what’s right for you
- Surgical options include gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy or all of which are performed with minimally invasive laparoscopic (keyhole surgery) techniques
- Patients with a BMI of 40 or over are eligible for surgery
Sign up to attend one of our free consultation events to hear more about each of these options.
Click here to register.
What is my BMI?