Visiting a patient
The health, wellbeing and safety of our patients, their families and our people is our priority. The hospital remains open as usual, however there are some changes to our services.
Due to the ongoing risk of COVID 19, we have Implemented strict visting times. This decision has been made in the best interests of all SVPH patients and staff. At present, each patient is allowed one visitor per day in their room, no access to the atrium or public areas is allowed during this visit.. Visiting times are Monday to Friday from 18.00 - 20.00 and Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays from 14.00 - 16.00. Visiting outside of these hours will only be permitted for patients receiving end of life or critical care and must be agreed in advance with the nurse in charge.
If you are permitted to visit the hospital, you will be asked to:
- Use the alcohol hand rub provided as you enter the hospital, clinical areas and on entering and leaving the ward.
- Wear a facemask at all times.
- Complete a COVID-19 questionnaire to verify that it is safe for you to progress (forms available at reception & at the nurses stations)
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Follow the guidance displayed on posters throughout the hospital.
- Please ensure your visit takes place in the patients room and not in public areas within the hospital.
Please do not visit if:
- Visitors experiencing any symptoms of COVID19, even with a negative antigen test.
- Visitors who have had known contact with a positive COVID case in the past 7 days.
Contacting a patient
Packages can be left at our reception for patients and one of our porters will deliver it directly to the room. We are also happy to transfer calls to the ward or to direct to the room.
Smoke free campus
Please note: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the medical center campus, including sidewalks, parking structures and inside vehicles, whether parked or driving through campus.