Our orthopaedic foot and ankle consultant specialises in the diagnosis, care, and treatment of patients with disorders of the musculoskeletal system of the foot and ankle.
Orthopaedic foot and ankle specialists use medical, physical and rehabilitative methods, as well as surgery, to treat patients of all ages using a number of reconstructive procedures.
The multidisciplinary orthopaedic team work with many other internal specialties, including radiology and physiotherapy. Most common ankle injuries are:
- Ankle sprains and fractures
- Achilles tendinitis or tears
- Fractures of the foot
- Sports injuries to the foot and ankle
- Chronic or acute foot and ankle pain
- Joint replacement for ankle conditions
- Osteoarthritis and inflammatory joint arthritis in the foot or ankle
- Deformities of the foot and ankle, congenital or acquired
- Bunion, hammer toe and claw toe deformities