Interventional radiology is a specialty dedicated to the practice of imaging guided procedures for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
St. Vincent’s Private Hospital has a state-of-the-art interventional suite on-site. Types of procedures:
- Uterine fibroid tumour embolization service
- Transarterial Chemo Embolisation (TACE) for liver cancer
- Placement of vascular access lines, portacaths, PICC lines
- Placing special long-term pleural drains for malignant effusions
- Needle biopsy of lumps or glands
- Lumbar nerve root and facet joint injections for back pain
- Joint injections and aspirations for joint pain.