The pulmonary function service offers a range of respiratory tests for inpatients and outpatients from many disciplines, and direct GP referrals.
The department provides a range of investigations which:
- identify and characterise pattern of disease
- assess severity of disease
- monitor progress of disease
- assess effect of treatment
- provide information as part of a pre-op assessment
- offer outine tests (direct referral)
- test airway function (spirometry (+/- bronchodilator response))
- diagnose diffusing capacity
- assess transfer of oxygen across the lung
The lab is open Mon – Fri from 07.30 – 17.00. Inpatient service is provided on a daily basis. Outpatients are seen by appointment.
This service is also accessed by referral from consultants within the hospital.
Tel : (01) 263 8884
Fax: (01) 263 8199
Tel: (01) 263 8877