Meet the team
About our service
St. Vincent’s Private Hospital provides a full range of services for patients with gastrointestinal disorders. In conjunction with our colleagues in colorectal surgery, hepatobiliary surgery, radiology, pathology, oncology and dietetics, our consultant gastroenterologists provide a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient service for the management of gastrointestinal disease.
In addition to diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy, St. Vincent’s Private Hospital is the only private hospital in Ireland offering advanced endoscopic management of biliary disease (bile duct stones, cholangitis, pancreatic and bile duct cancers) through a procedure called ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography). We also offer a Rapid Access Endoscopy service for patients requiring urgent access to this service.
- Acid-related disease: gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), Barrett’s oesophagus, gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Diseases affecting absorption from the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) including coeliac disease.
- Inflammatory diseases of the GIT including inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis).
- Conditions that affect the function and motility of the GIT such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Diseases of the colon and rectum (polyps)
- Diseases of the liver and biliary system (hepatitis, haemochromatosis, gallstone disease).
Our laboratory and radiology colleagues provide a full range of biochemical testing and imaging to aid the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal disease.
What we have to offer
Our specialist areas
St. Vincent’s Private Hospital provides the full range of treaments and services for patients with inflammatory bowel disease including biologic therapies and support from our inflammaotory bowel disease clinical nurse specialists.
A number of the gastroenterologists in St. Vincent’s Private Hospital have sub-specialty expertise in specific aspects of gastrointestinal disease including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Hepatology (liver disease)
- Advanced interventional endoscopy, including polypectomy, stricture dilatation and endoscopic stenting of benign and malignant strictures of the intestines and biliary system.
The gastroenterologists in SVPH work closely with our colleagues in colorectal, hepatobiliary and upper gastrointestinal surgery to provide a comprehensive range of treatments for benign and malignant gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disease.