About our service
The Physiotherapy Department at. St. Vincent's Private Hosptial place a strong emphasis on an active lifestyle, while taking a patients’ individual circumstances and goals into account.
This service offers a range of treatment options, with bespoke programmes designed specific to meet patient needs. All patients under our care can expect a comprehensive assessment followed by an effective evidence based treatment and management care plan.
The team is compromised of a dedicated, experienced and specialised team of physiotherapists who are all registered practitioners with CORU, the health and social care professional regulatory body.
Our physiotherapists take part in continued professional and education programmes, which allows them to stay up to date with the latest evidence and research in each of their specialist areas. This allows our patients to benefit from the most evidence based and effective assessments and treatments.
Our physiotherapists also liaise regularly with consultants and GPs to advise on their clients progress.
Both our in and out-patient care takes place in a large modern physiotherapy gym which also has individualised treatment areas.
Our physiotherapy department provides both inpatient and outpatient care
- Pre-operative assessment and education
- Pre and post orthopaedic surgical rehabilitation
- Hip & knee replacement group classes
- Fracture management
- Restoration of function in the effected shoulder and arm
- Education and management of cording, lymphoedema and scar tissue formation
- Manual lymphatic drainage and multilayer bandaging
- Lymphatic drainage exercises and simple lymphatic drainage massage
- Education, skin care, kinesiotaping and self-management strategies
- Back and neck assessment & treatment
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries assessment & treatment.
- Sports injuries assessment & treatment
- Airway clearance techniques
- Breathlessness management
- One to one pulmonary rehabilitation programmes
- 6 minute walk tests
- Rehabilitation post cancer care
- Strength and balance retraining
- Exercise prescription
- Gait re-education
- Falls re-education
- Foot wear advice
We offer a range of treatment options, with programmes designed specific to patient needs.
All Patients can expect a comprehensive assessment followed by an effective evidence based treatment and management care plan.
- Soft Tissue Techniques
- Joint Mobilisation
- Manual Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Personalised therapeutic exercise programmes
- Patient advice and education
- Equipment provision e.g. Mobility aids, splints and braces, strengthening equipment