Urology is a speciality that diagnoses and manages conditions affecting the genito-urinary system.
These conditions affect both men and women, can be benign or malignant, and can be treated both medically or surgically.
Urologists investigate and treat conditions affecting the kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate and testicles.
There are four consultant urologists based in St. Vincent’s Private Hospital, and all accept general urological referrals. We offer a full urological service in all areas of urology. However each has sub-specialty interests.
We work closely with our radiological colleagues and offer a full urological interventional radiology service, including percutaneous nephrostomy, stent insertions and percutaneous nephrolithotomy. We also work closely with our radiotherapy and medical oncology colleagues, together with pathologists and radiologists, to provide a multi-disciplinary delivery of cancer care, and discuss cases at our weekly MDT meetings.
Specialty surgery on offer includes:
- Full urodynamics department allowing complex assessment of voiding problems in men and women.
- Out-patient flexible cystoscopy
- Botulinum injections into the bladder for overactivity
- Laparoscopic kidney surgery
- Trans-perineal and MRI -targeted prostate biopsies
- Nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy
- Percutaneous renal surgery
- Together with our radiation oncology colleagues: prostate seed Brachytherapy for prostate cancer.
Appointment and Referral information
Appointments are by GP referral. For further information, please contact one of our consultants.