COVID-19 patient vaccination programme
Due to HSE guidance today, 13 April 2021, the patient vaccination programme has been paused until clarity is reached in terms of how it will proceed. We are waiting to hear from the HSE and will update this page when we do so. Please check back in the coming days. We will be in touch with patients regarding their vaccine once the HSE have confirmed appointment availability.
We are taking every step possible to ensure the continued safety of our patients and staff as services resume. For St. Vincent’s Private Hospital staff, the health and safety of our patients is our priority. Rest assured, we have a number of additional measures in place to reinforce our high standards of safety from continuous disinfecting to strict distancing measures.
These are in line with national and international guidelines and are designed to protect you, your family, our patients and staff from the risks of COVID-19. If a risk of COVID-19 is identified through screening, your procedure will be rescheduled.
Our screening procedures are:
- All patients will be required to answer a questionnaire to assess the risk of COVID-19. These questions will be asked over the telephone, prior to their procedure and again on arrival in the hospital.
- A member of our team will also be in contact with you the day before your admission to confirm your arrival time.
- If you require a general anaesthetic for your procedure you will be required to have a COVID-19 swab. An appointment will be made for you to have the swab taken in advance of your procedure and details of the swab test (appointment date and time) will be sent to you by post in a letter. If your swab is positive for COVID-19, your procedure will be rescheduled for another date.
- If you require an overnight stay as an inpatient you will be required to have a COVID 19 swab after you have been admitted.
- In any other circumstances where you may be required to have a COVID swab prior to admission, you will be contacted by the pre-admission swabbing team and an appointment will be made for you.
- If your GP has referred you to the COVID-19 Testing Centre at St. Vincent’s University Hospital this Testing Centre is located next door to Carew House and Breast Check on the immediate left hand side as you enter the campus from Merrion Road (Eircode: D04 TC63).
Maintaining a safe hospital environment
Our Infection Control team maintain the highest standards and all areas are continually disinfected throughout the hospital and all staff are required to wear face masks at all times.
Patient safety guidelines
Prior to attending the hospital, patients are reminded of the benefits of ensuring that contact is minimised with people outside of their immediate social group to the greatest possible extent and that social distancing, mask wearing and hand washing/sanitising is used to minimise infection risk on a daily basis.
When patients arrive at the hospital, they should follow a few important guidelines:
- Wear a face mask/face covering at all times while you are inside the hospital and ensure it is worn correctly by checking that it completely covers your nose and mouth and fits underneath your chin.
- Practice hand hygiene at all times and use the dispensers around the hospital. Maintain social distancing and observe hospital signage. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Please do not wear disposable gloves into the hospital, these are single use items and should not be worn for extended periods of time. If you are wearing them on your journey to us, please remove on arrival and clean your hands afterwards at one of our hand hygiene stations near the main entrance. To maintain social distancing and avoid congestion, we have strict systems in place to reduce times in waiting areas. Patients are asked to arrive on time for all appointments and where possible, attend their appointment alone.
- If you arrive to the hospital early, we would ask you to wait in your car or outside the building to avoid internal congestion. If you happen to be delayed, please phone the relevant department to let them know.