Dr Trevor Nicholson
|Phone:||(087) 677 6875|
|Fax:||(01) 686 5511|
St. Vincent’s Consultants Private Clinic,
bronchiectasis, Chronic Cough, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Sarcoidosis, Asthma, dyspnoea (shortness of breath), general respiratory conditions, respiratory muscle weakness
Dr. Trevor Nicholson has been in practice as a Consultant Respiratory Physician in Ireland since 2016. A graduate of UCD in 2000, he undertook his postgraduate Specialist Training in Respiratory Medicine in Ireland, at Cork University Hospital, St James’s Hospital, Dublin and also St. Vincent’s University Hospital. He developed a sub-specialist interest in bronchiectasis during his specialist training in Ireland and while undertaking research at St. Vincent’s University Hospital. In 2012, he moved to the U.S. to pursue Fellowship training in both Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine at Northwestern University & Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago. He returned to Ireland in 2016.
1. Influenza A virus infection induces muscle wasting via IL-6 regulation of the E3 ubiquitin ligase atrogin-1. Journal of Immunology. 2019 Jan 15; 202(2):484-493
2. Respiratory pattern and tidal volumes differ between pressure support and volume assured pressure support in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Annals of the American Thoracic Society 2017 14(7):1139-1146.
3. Pulmonary hyperinflation and dyspnoea during acute exacerbation of cystic fibrosis. Respirology 2016 Jan; 22(1):141-148.
4. Fitness to fly in patients with lung disease. Annals of the American Thoracic Society 2014 Dec; 11(10):1614-22.
5. The impact of a national workplace smoking ban on acute cardiopulmonary admissions. Chest 2012 Sep; 142(3):673-9.
6. Sarcoidosis in Ireland: Regional differences in prevalence and mortality from 1996-2005. Sarcoidosis Vasculitis and Diffuse Lung Diseases. 2010 Dec; 27(2): 111-120.
MB BCh BAO, MD, MRCPI, MRCP (UK)
Postgraduate MD Thesis research in Cystic Fibrosis.
Postgraduate Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Northwestern University & Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago.
Research into mechanisms of muscle weakness in critical care settings and following Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.