St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group is governed by a Board of Directors which is appointed by the shareholders. The Board consists of between two and fourteen members. The current Board membership is ten members, following the resignation of two representatives of the Religious Sisters of Charity (RSC) in 2017.
The Board of Directors approves the strategy of the Group and also approves the annual operating plans for each hospital. The Board also operates five committees with particular responsibilities for reporting to the Board on specific matters within the Group:
• Audit Committee: responsible for reviewing all non-clinical audit-related issues.
• Nominations and Remuneration Committee: responsible for reviewing the effective operation of the Board, and succession plans for the Board, its committees, and senior management, and the remuneration of senior management.
• Public Hospitals Oversight Committee: responsible for all matters relating to the clinical, operational and financial affairs of SVUH and SMH.
• Private Hospital Oversight Committee: responsible for all matters relating to the clinical, operational and financial affairs of SVPH.
• Risk Advisory Committee: responsible for providing assurance that there are appropriate and effective systems in place to cover and manage all aspects of risk, quality and safety in the Group and its hospitals.
The current members of the Board of Directors are:
- James Menton, Chair
- John Compton
- Gerard Flood
- Ann Hargaden
- Dr. John Holian
- Myles Lee
- Dr. Rhona Mahony
- Nicola McCracken
- Conal O’Halloran
- Imelda Reynolds
- Mark Ryan