Education & Experience
- MB BCh BAO: NUI Galway 2006
- MRCPI Royal College of Physicians of Ireland 2009
- PhD University College Dublin 2016
Clinical Research & Professional Memberships
- Irish Endocrine Society British Endocrine Society
- As an active clinical researcher, Dr Neff has published widely on the effects of weight loss and bariatric surgery on metabolic disease.
- He has contributed to several textbooks on bariatric care, diabetes and weight management.
- In 2019, with colleagues across Europe, Dr Neff published the first international recommendations on prenatal and antenatal care in bariatric and metabolic surgery recipients.
Following graduation from the National University of Ireland in Galway in 2006, Dr Neff completed Higher Specialist Training in Endocrinology and Diabetes, and wrote his PhD thesis on the effect of weight loss and bariatric surgery on the complications of diabetes in University College Dublin. In 2016 he moved to King’s College Hospital in London, where he led a multi professional Medical Bariatric Clinic, providing pre-operative and post-operative care to people undergoing bariatric surgery. In 2019, Dr Neff returned to Dublin to take up a position in the Ireland East Hospital Group, working in St Vincent’s University Hospital and St Columcille’s Hospital in Loughlinstown.
Dr. Karl NeffSpeciality - Endocrinology
- Email: email@example.com