Education and Experience
- Dr. Levins is a Consultant Pain Specialist at St. Vincent’s University Hospital, the National Maternity Hospital, the National Rehabilitation Hospital and St. Vincent’s Private Hospital.
- He holds degrees from Trinity College Dublin, King’s College London and Charles University Prague. He was awarded his fellowship in pain medicine by the Faculty of Pain Medicine and his fellowship in anaesthesiology by the College of Anaesthetists in Ireland.
Clinical Research and Professional Memberships
- Royal Academy of Medicine (sub-section chairman and founder)
- Irish Pain Society (Board member)
- International pelvic pain society
- International neuromodulation society
Dr. Levins practice includes a wide range of interventional techniques including advanced therapies such as spinal cord stimulation and intra-thecal drug delivery. His holistic approach to pain medicine includes a multidisciplinary pain management program in conjunction with psychology, physiotherapy and occupational therapy colleagues. He has a strong research interest and to date has authored over twenty publications. His research portfolio has led him to be acknowledged by the American Academy of Pain Medicine as the 2019 Researcher of the Year.
Publication & Research