Dr. Niall Mulvihill
Education & Experience
- Dr Mulvihill is an honours graduate of the UCD School of Medicine (Ireland) and did his postgraduate training at the Mater Hospital and St. James’s Hospital where he attained the following qualifications:
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, MRCPI
- Masters in Cardiology, MSc (University of Dublin, Trinity College)
- Doctorate in Medicine, MD (University of Dublin, Trinity College)
Dr Mulvihill spent two years as a Specialist Registrar at the Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. He then travelled to the Clinique Pasteur, Toulouse (France) to undertake a fellowship in Interventional Cardiology. It was here that he trained in transradial techniques which led him to become the first Cardiologist to perform angiography and coronary interventions via the radial artery when he returned to Ireland in 2003.
He spent the next 10 years at St. James’s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin as a Consultant Cardiologist and Lecturer in Cardiology. In 2014, he moved to St. Vincent’s University Hospital Dublin where he now practices, as well as in St. Vincent’s Private Hospital, Dublin.
Clinical Research & Professional Memberships
- In his role as Consultant Cardiologist at St. Vincent’s, Dr Mulvihill is a lecturer, tutor and examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate medical students at UCD School of Medicine.
- He continues to be an active educator and researcher in clinical and interventional Cardiology.
- He is also an active clinical trialist in international multi-centre clinical trials in interventional cardiology focusing on drug eluting stents (ARTS, ARTS 2, CARDIA) and interventional techniques (BBC ONE; CELTIC).
- He is regularly invited to lecture nationally and internationally and is a faculty member for a number of international coronary meetings, including EuroPCR, TCT and BCIS. Dr Mulvihill was a co-founder and director of Ireland’s first live case Interventional Cardiology meeting at St. James’s Hospital.
- Dr Mulvihill was a co-founder and director of Ireland’s first live case Interventional Cardiology meeting at St. James’s Hospital.
Dr. Niall MulvihillSpeciality - Cardiology
- Tel: +353 87 130 9999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org