Education & Experience
- 1978 - MB BCh (Hons), UCD
- 1980 - MRCPI
- 1985 - MD, UCD
- 1989 - Board Certified Endocrinologist, USA
- 1984 -1987 Fellowship in Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, USA
- 1987 - 1988 Fellowship in Joslin Diabetes Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Clinical Research & Professional Memberships
- Over 200 publications covering many aspects of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes.
Professor Malachi McKenna has been a Consultant Endocrinologist since 1988 - initially in Henry Ford Hospital from 1988 to 1990, and then in St Vincent’s University Hospital Group from 1990 until 2019. Currently, he is credentialed as a Consultant Endocrinologist at St Vincent’s Private Hospital. He is currently UCD Clinical Professor at the School of Medicine, UCD.