Prof. Ross MacNicholas
Education & Experience
- 2002 - Graduated from Trinity College Dublin with honours.
- 2002 - 2010 Intern, medical house officer and specialist registrar in Tallaght, St James's, Mater Misericordiae and St Vincent's University Hospitals
- 2010 - Certificate of completion of specialist training in Gastroenterology & General Internal Medicine.
- 2010 - 2011 Consultant Gastroenterologist St Vincents’ University Hospital (Locum)
- 2012 - 2012 Fellowship in Advanced Hepatology and Liver Transplant in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham; one of the largest liver transplant and general hepatology units in Europe
- 2013 - 2015 Consultant Gastroenterologist (special interest liver disease) unit at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia. Senior Lecturer in University of Western Australia and has a particular interest in teaching.
- 2015 - Returned as a full time Consultant Gastroenterologist (special interest in liver disease) to St. Vincent's University Hospital.
Clinical Research & Professional Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians Ireland and the European Board of Gastroenterologist and Hepatology.
- Masters in Medical Education by Queens University Belfast.
- RCPI trainer for postgraduate basic and higher specialist training in gastroenterology.
- Member of both the gastroenterology and general internal medicine higher specialist training committees.
- 2016 Associate Professor in the UCD school of medicine.
- Regular contributor to several online training platforms.
Prof. Ross MacNicholasSpeciality - Hepatology / Gastroenterology
- Tel: +353 1 260 1188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org