Direct Access Services Urgent apts within 14 days*
About our comprehensive, consultant lead, service
The Endoscopy Unit at St. Vincent’s Private Hospital also offers a Direct Access Referrals service to referring physicians to expedite patient care. These services are provided by a team of consultants with expert knowledge and clinical experience in the fields of gastroenterology and general surgery.
- Urgent referrals received are triaged within 24 hours of receipt
- Depending upon the details in the referral form the referral may be directed to a specific consultant with a particular interest in the specified area / condition
- Patients are contacted directly to arrange an appointment and depending upon their availability will be offered an suitable timely date
- Following the procedure, the consultant discusses the results of the procedure with the patient. Patients will be provided with a copy of their report.
- A detailed reports is sent directly to the referring GP and where a result is urgent, the GP will be contacted by phone. Any pathology results will also be sent to the GP as soon as they are available ( please note that this may take 3 - 4 weeks).
Urgent Referrals are triaged by a consultant and suitable patients are booked into the next available slot.
*Please note: Direct patient referrals will be reviewed by a consultant and for those that are deemed to be urgent, we aim to provide an appointent within 14 days*.
Further Endoscopy Information
For more information visit the Endoscopy Unit at St. Vincent's Private Hospital.
What we have to offer