About our service
We offer a walk-in service for general X-ray services (e.g chest, hands, feet, knees, shoulder, spine abdomen and pelvis) from 08.00 to 17.00 on Monday to Friday. A GP or consutlant referral is required for this scan.
What is an X-ray?
A plain X-ray is a quick and painless procedure commonly used to produce images of the inside of the body. It's a very effective way of looking at the bones and can be used to help detect a range of conditions. In St-Vincent’s Private Hospital we provide a wide range of X-ray procedures including chest, abdomen, pelvis, spine and extremities
This 20 minute procedure is performed in our general X-ray room within our radiology department and the procedure is carried out by a radiographer.
- You will be asked undress into a gown
- The radiographer will call you into the X-ray room and explain the procedure depending on the type of X-ray requested by your clinician
- Depending on what the clinician is asking, for the radiographer will sometimes take more than one x-ray. This is sometimes done because the radiologist may needs two views at right angles to make a diagnosis.
- A report is done by the radiologist and this is sent to the referring clinician
How to refer to this service
Please ensure to include:
- Patients Full Name
- Patients Date of Birth
- Patients Address
- Specific scan required
- Clinical Information/Reason for referral
- GP Signature and MCN
- Date of Referral
Additional appointment details
- Appointments only
- these services are available to both Inpatient and Outpatient
- Request are scheduled according to priority/ urgency
- Direct payment may be available in some circumstances subject to your private health insurance provider and policy